Rubbertjuh
Admin

8 posts
5 reputation

IGN: Rubbertjuh
By Rubbertjuh » 25 days ago

Hi everyone,

My name is Rubbertjuh, and I am the person that offered to continue running PlayUHC after Mezy and Sarinah announced that the server would be closing.  I am relatively new to the PlayUHC community but have had years of experience in hosting Minecraft servers as I also run a modded Minecraft network called ToastyNetworks. ToastyNetworks has been around since 2013, this has allowed me to learn the ins and outs of both the technical and community sides of Minecraft.

Our lead developer (KaiNoMood) made me aware of PlayUHCs closure after hearing about it via a Youtube stream and encouraged me to speak to Mezy and Sarinah about a potential takeover.

We currently have a team of 6 admins that will help with the transition of ownership and also future development of the community. These are AlwaysQuads, Jaski, KaiNoMood, Merjilin, PrincessStrawb, and Prizzianna. After this announcement, we will work on more personal introductions so you guys can get to know us better.

We have been reading messages on Discord and in-game chats over the past few days and can see how close the community is and we would love to build on that. Our team has been working hard over the past few days with Mezy/Sarinah to learn more about the community, staff and the technical side of the server.

Also, we know that quite a few players have been worrying about the future of PlayUHC after the recent announcement before we offered to take over. Because of this, we wanted to clear a few things up at the beginning:

• We have no current plans to change PlayUHC’s name or logo.

• Before making any changes to the front end of PlayUHC, our main focus will be getting to know the community.

• We do not have any plans to tamper with the core gamemodes of PlayUHC.

• All existing moderators, senior moderators and builders will stay staff.

• ToastyNetworks will not be merged with PlayUHC, they will remain separate entities (only the Administration team will be shared.)

Our first goal is to first address the backend of PlayUHC. As of right now, Minecraft-servers are online and using server resources 24/7 (this leads to many unused, but claimed resources). We are going to address this and are working on a new game-queue and lobby system which only activates a Minecraft server when enough people are queued up. In the future, this will allow for some very cool possibilities (like queuing up for your favorite gamemode while playing some other gamemode). This change allows us to reduce hardware costs and improve overall server performance.

We would love to know what you all would like to see improved, changed or even added. We are happy to discuss anything! Simply comment down below or spark a discussion in Discord. Only if we talk about our ideas, we can create something beautiful and continue innovating.

Rubbertjuh
Admin

8 posts
5 reputation

By Rubbertjuh » 25 days ago
PS: I can explain why my forum name is Obama at this moment, this will be changed when I receive full website access. (I needed to be incognito so you all would not see a random forum member named Rubbertjuh with Admin title)

Shizko_F

4 posts
1 reputation

IGN: Shizko_F
By Shizko_F » 25 days ago
Welcome to the community.

RaltsZoidYT

12 posts
2 reputation

IGN: RaltsZoidYT
By RaltsZoidYT » 25 days ago
Hi! First of all, welcome to the community and I hope you will enjoy your stay and help this server grow even more. Second, I have a few questions I would like you to answer, concerning the gameplay aspect of the server : -Private Games have been a part of the Keeper rank ever since it came out, and can hold a maximum of 20 players. Will that feature stay, and is it possible to increase the capacity of players? -Now and again, a moderator would host Reddit Events. Are they going to make a grand return? -We sometimes encounter hackers on the server. Will they be dealt any differently then they are now? That's all for now. Thank you for keeping this server active, and please answer the questions as soon as possible. Again, thank you.

ThePlayingPixel

3 posts
0 reputation

IGN: ThePlayingPixel
By ThePlayingPixel » 25 days ago
Hi. Welcome to the PlayUHC-Community.
Good Luck with running the server.

Rubbertjuh
Admin

8 posts
5 reputation

By Rubbertjuh » 24 days ago
First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome! We're very excited to get to work and get to know you all ^^ 
RaltsZoidYT said: Hi! First of all, welcome to the community and I hope you will enjoy your stay and help this server grow even more.Second, I have a few questions I would like you to answer, concerning the gameplay aspect of the server :-Private Games have been a part of the Keeper rank ever since it came out, and can hold a maximum of 20 players. Will that feature stay, and is it possible to increase the capacity of players?-Now and again, a moderator would host Reddit Events. Are they going to make a grand return?-We sometimes encounter hackers on the server. Will they be dealt any differently then they are now?That's all for now. Thank you for keeping this server active, and please answer the questions as soon as possible. Again, thank you.

Let me break up your questions in parts, I will try my best to answer them with the information we currently have:
Will private games stay with the Keeper rank?

Yes, they will. We have no plans to change this feature for now.

Can we increase the capacity of these private games?
If this is a highly requested feature, we can look into making this happen. We are still drafting a to-do list based on priority. This is why we said in our post that we wanted to explore the community and the servers first before making the plan. We want to get to know the community and see what you all 
want changed, added or removed.

Will Reddit UHC events be hosted?
Yes, we plan to do them. However, we are doing research into them first, perhaps we will do one together with previous owners to get the hang of it ;)

Will hackers and cheaters be dealt with on the servers?
This is the second time I hear something now about hackers, cheaters and nti cheat systems. If it's a problem in the community, we will tackle it and solve it by changing protocol, security or anti-cheat systems! No worries.

StuckinTheMud

9 posts
1 reputation

IGN: StuckinTheMud
By StuckinTheMud » 24 days ago
Welcome.
I personally don’t play minecraft anymore but am interested in how you decide to tackle the low player issue? Any new ideas? 
But also how the queueing system works, that intrigues me.
Thanks, and welcome.

SXRCASM

7 posts
0 reputation

IGN: SXRCASM
By SXRCASM » 24 days ago
Good Luck

RaltsZoidYT

12 posts
2 reputation

IGN: RaltsZoidYT
By RaltsZoidYT » 23 days ago
Thank you for the clear answers. Can't wait for the futur.

LivelyCookie

62 posts
6 reputation

IGN: LivelyCookie
By LivelyCookie » 23 days ago
Honestly I can’t thank you enough for taking such an important role in keeping a server and a huge community alive. Welcome to the server and I hope you enjoy your time owning the server! I can’t get on the server for 10 days sadly, as I’m on holiday, but as soon as I get back, I’m on PlayUHC! I was actually about to quit Minecraft if the server didn’t stay alive!

Once again welcome to the community,

LivelyCookie