BrightLily2007

23 posts
2 reputation

IGN: BrightLily2007
By BrightLily2007 » 19 days ago
No offence to the server, but I think that saying who got banned, why and how long for may cause people to shame others for breaking the rules. Likewise, I think that the ban appeals should be in a private folder so that no one else can access them unless it is their appeal. This too could cause public shaming because of people breaking the rules. Again, no offence to the server, but I think this is wrong. I feel that this suggestion should at least be considered as I think it is common sense for this to be implemented.

Creativity at its finest!!!

Mr_smiley2

5 posts
2 reputation

IGN: Mr_smiley2
By Mr_smiley2 » 14 days ago
Agreed. This is a privacy issue on many standards.

Mr_smiley

Bagell_
Trial Moderator

5 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Bagell_
By Bagell_ » 14 days ago
I think the message that is shown in chat when someone is banned is fine. if they don't want their name in chat shown for bad reason they should not break the rules its their own fault.

Hiiiiiii

KaiNoMood
Admin

294 posts
24 reputation

IGN: KaiNoMood
By KaiNoMood » 14 days ago
Thank you for your suggestion.

Breaking rules is something that should be discouraged. Receiving a public warning may discourage everyone else from breaking the rules.
Also, it makes it clear to those who report people that actions are being taken against those who break the rules.

I do not think that the message directly causes any harm. If people are being offensive/disrespectful, no matter the reason, they will be punished if a mod notices it. Be sure to use the /report command or post a message on our Discord server on the #support channel.