BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

IGN: BloodWolf14
By BloodWolf14 » 29 days ago
So, I have been playing on this server for almost a week now and I really enjoy the different gamemodes that the server has but there's one that I really miss and that is vanilla Dragon UHC. Which means you have to defeat the dragon without all the enderman and blazes spawning on the survace.

I would like to see a gamemode in which people have to go to the nether in order to kill blazes, an endportal at 0,0 in the overworld, a higher spawnrate of enderman in nights and the rest of the game vanilla. So no autosmelting, nightvision, speed, autocooking etc. I would like to play this gamemode with some of my friends and if the mode would be there the server would see us a lot more :P

I don't know if I'm allowed to say thisĀ (couldn't find it in the rules) but, Mindcrack has done this gamemode multiple times in their seasons and I loved this one the most. The idea is actually exactly that. Just have a look :)

KaiNoMood
Admin

636 posts
56 reputation

IGN: KaiNoMood
By KaiNoMood » 28 days ago
Maybe instead of having an end portal at 0,0, you have to still find it by throwing eye of ender?

BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

By BloodWolf14 » 27 days ago
That would require all the maps having an endportal within their boundaries. I don't know if that's something they can do.

Also: If the endportal isn't at 0,0 players that spawn on top of it would have an advantage over the rest of the players. I think having an endportal at 0,0 creates a way more fun game since now everyone has to go there. That will create an aspect of planning when to go and when not to plus an opportunity to pvp.

I think that in vanilla Dragon UHC the Dragon has to land on top of the portal as well btw, since you can't get infinite stacks of arrows as in the speed variants :P

KaiNoMood
Admin

636 posts
56 reputation

By KaiNoMood » 26 days ago
Calling it "Vanilla" and then having a clearly non-vanilla aspect like having a portal at 0,0 is weird.

I can make it so an end portal is spawned in a random undeground location within the border, and the eye of ender would point to it.

BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

By BloodWolf14 » 25 days ago
I meant vanilla as in: You have to go to the nether to find Blazes, there is normal mobspawn etc. The only exception being an enderportal at 0,0 so that the chances of finding the portal first are equal to everyone :)

Also: No shrinking border since that could complicate things when people go to the nether and come back outside the border.

I hope I make sense? If you don't feel like putting an enderportal at 0,0 I'm totally fine with a random located one as well. That would make the game completely vanilla but would give people that stumble upon the stronghold a slight advantage.

KaiNoMood
Admin

636 posts
56 reputation

By KaiNoMood » 24 days ago
Border does not shrink in Dragon Rush anyway

dy74n
Trial Moderator

8 posts
3 reputation

IGN: dy74n
By dy74n » 14 days ago
As Kai said, I like the idea of the eye of ender pointing to portal. I feel like it adds to the traditional feel of Dragon Rush while still having the playUHC spin on it. Maybe if there were even different ways that you could craft the eyes or something like that!

good luck, have fun ;)

BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

By BloodWolf14 » 7 days ago
I'd be fine with that as well :)