Notice: This forum has been discontinued. It may contain outdated info.

PrivateLimitless

44 posts
15 reputation

IGN: PrivateLimitless
By PrivateLimitless » 8 months ago
For the "Superheroes" scenario, currently on the #suggestions-poll on the server Discord:

- I think Haste 2 should be added as a power, as well as Fire Resistance.
- I don't really see the need for Invisibility as a power as everyone is going to have to have armor on, so it's not going to be very useful unless you manage to find a person who isn't looking at their screen or have their sounds on.
- Strength 1 seems to be the most OP power in the current list. The only real way for a person to counter it would be getting a large combo or having to spend the time to go to the Nether.
- In the poll, it didn't say whether or not the powers were choosable or not. I assume it would be random, but wanted to check. 
Smiley face

"Friendly fire - isn't."

Lzmur

5 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Lzmur
By Lzmur » 8 months ago
I disagree with the fact that strength needs nerf but rather that other superpowers need buffed. Especially health boost and speed 1, the fact being that the 6 hearts do not compare to resistance, jump boost and strength. Yes you do have 60 more HP but in a fight between someone health boost and resistance 2 where you trade, resistance will win. You have 60% more health but they take 40% less damage than you do, im sure if you do the math you can see that the resistance is more beneficial. The same is for strength, each hit you do does 130% damage and if you do the math you can see that in a trade fight strength will win. For Jump Boost, that completely lowers the amount of hits you can take, mainly in bow. As it is very hard to hit someone jumping around you will definitely take a lot more hits resulting in you losing that extra health. As for speed it should be buffed for the sole fact that it is not strong enough, though every power is situational (strength wont help in a bow fight but jump helps best for bow for example) there is simply not enough situations where speed can help, in any melee fight or even bow (strength, resistance, health for melee. jumpboost, resistance and health for bow) speed should lose, yes you move slightly faster but barely so and in any fight melee fight they will go in and easily win with the fact that speed 1 does not help enougu and speed 2 is the only really speed tier that can properly help in a situation without being overpowered. This is also included in a bow fight where jump boost can jump over every hit and the other two can tank and trade then (also im 90% sure running and jumping with jump 4 is faster than speed 1) and if it is a forest or a tight space speed can do nothing as its more of a passive power than anything. 

To do with invisibility I do think it should be kept as yes, you can be seen wearing armour but if you take off that armour and have an empty slot in uoir hotbar you are invisible, making it extremely beneficial if you are cleaning or if you hit someone with your sword and switch to the empty hotbar so they cant see, also to run from anyone.

For haste 2 and fire resistance, I think they shouldn’t be on their own for the sole fact they are passive powers and in a pvp fight have no real value except lava or fns. The idea of having a pvp power (strength, jump, e.t.c) and a passive power (haste, fire, water breathing, e.tc.) alongside eachother.

yikes

PrivateLimitless

44 posts
15 reputation

If you took of your armor to clean someone, you'd get one-tapped after you took out your sword, lol. If you are getting bowed, just build a wall around you then most players will have no idea what to do and just run up to you.
I think Haste 2 is fine on it's own because it's only use is to help speed up mining and be able to escape fights in caves quickly.
Fire Resistance may not actually be a good power seeing as Fireless is a scenario and can be turned on anyway. 
Can we compromise on Speed 1.5, 30% Movement Speed? xD
I like the Jump Boost 4 scenario.
The Health Boost 3(I think), 6 hearts, can go either way depending on the fight. Imagine it with the Old BestPvE though, meaning 12 hearts. 

"Friendly fire - isn't."

Lzmur

5 posts
0 reputation

By Lzmur » 8 months ago
Pretty sure its like 2 hits with sharp 3 iron on a naked but its kind of different, if somebody is in their inventory looting you could easily crit them out while theyre low, also the fact of the element of surprise. If youre getting crit you’ll look for the person and most of the time wont expect an invis, also you can always have your armour in your hotbar to right click instantly.

If you are losing a bow fight and wall they can still wall you if they push up or if you peak, if they have jump boost or speed (2) they can just circle you or catch up and continue bowing until you die/force to run or box up where you are exposed and very vulnerable.

Fireless is very uncommon especially for voting in scenario madness, alot of people go for meta (timber, hasteyboys, e.t.c) resulting in lack of fire less usage, in a reddit they could just not use fireless so that the superpower has use.

Health boost can go either way but I feel it goes too much to the side of losing (going off of a fair trade fight) and if you have health boost with best pve everyone else will gain hearts too, not just you (can also take damage and not gain them) which kinda renders it useless if you take damage and a lot of people dont and are around the same health with the addition of things such as strength, jump e.t.c

yikes

467danny

9 posts
1 reputation

IGN: 467danny
By 467danny » 8 months ago
There is a reddit server that buffed other powers and kept strength 1, and let me tell you it was way more fun when you got that really bad rng power of gosh dang jump boost. Superheroes is RNG. Jump boost is the worst ability. I would actually leave the game because Jump boost is an actual cursed power. What the reddit server did was give Jump boost with haste and speed 1. Now it was actually playable. You can actually run, build and fight. All of those used to be impossible

Yoo Jeongyeon! Park Jihyo! Twice!

PrivateLimitless

44 posts
15 reputation

To lemvrr, in Scenario Madness I can usually end up getting a sharp 3-4 iron(since I don't waste diamonds on a sword unless I can get a thousand books). If you hit a guy once with a sword and they were in their inventory, they would instantly hear you and fight back or run. The chance of getting a second or third hit is slim, assuming they're sentient and have their sounds on. 
edit: I tested a zombie hitting me with a sharp 3 iron and it dealt 9 1/2 hearts. so...
If I was losing a bow fight, which I don't "waste time"(my opinion) making bows, I wouldn't come out of the wall or "box up" as you said. You just need to wait for them to come to you and hope you have enough healing(Golden Apples) to outlast them in melee.
The meta is kind of a problem since I feel like none of these new scenarios can be played with them being there. And since they aren't adding more scenario slots, it makes it harder to try to do the new ones in actual games, rather than Custom.
Side Note: I'm kinda the BestPvE God because I don't usually fight mobs, yet the game likes to deal damage when i'm not even in falling gravel so idk.

To 467danny, I think Jump Boost 4 is fine on it's own because it confuses people and it's good for running and bowing players, not me but eh it's fine. It's a pretty decent PvP advantage for people who like to run and bow for ten minutes... again not what i'd do, but it's kind of it's only purpose.

"Friendly fire - isn't."

Lzmur

5 posts
0 reputation

By Lzmur » 8 months ago
Ok the average player probably clicks around 5-6 cps just a guess, if somebody is in their inventory looting you could easily jump crit them out and get 3 hits on them before they even realise youre invis or turn around, if you feel as if they are too high you can always put on your armour and fight them, invisibility is optional. 

yikes

Lzmur

5 posts
0 reputation

By Lzmur » 8 months ago
Also you dont have footsteps with invis i think

yikes

467danny

9 posts
1 reputation

IGN: 467danny
By 467danny » 8 months ago
PrivateLimitless said:
To 467danny, I think Jump Boost 4 is fine on it's own because it confuses people and it's good for running and bowing players, not me but eh it's fine. It's a pretty decent PvP advantage for people who like to run and bow for ten minutes... again not what i'd do, but it's kind of it's only purpose

If you get jumped (no pun intended), you will most likely lose the melee fight. Also melee is sometimes the only option you have and jumpboost makes it so you cant run away. You can try building away but they most likely have a rod and will knock you down. To me and most people, it's a "gg go next" power

Yoo Jeongyeon! Park Jihyo! Twice!

PrivateLimitless

44 posts
15 reputation

To lemvrr, you don't hear the footsteps but you can see tracks.

"Friendly fire - isn't."