Notice: This forum has been discontinued. It may contain outdated info.

PoofessorP
Trial Moderator

24 posts
5 reputation

IGN: PoofessorP
By PoofessorP » 8 months ago
So right now I feel like Dragon Rush is just one giant big game of RNG and luck, I'll explain. So basically the way the system works in dragon rush, you literally only need a bow and about 256 arrows, to kill the ender dragon and that's it. No armor, no sword or any other tools needed which can easily be obtained from skeletons and gravel. So besides those items obviously you need 4 ender eyes and 2 blaze rods and a portal randomly spawned anywhere on the map, I've won so many games of dragon rush naked before pvp without seeing any players in the end with me when rng spares me and luck is on my side. And I've also been on the receiving end of this, I can't imagine those players that didn't even get to play the game had any fun and was just loads of frustration and a waste of time, I certainly feel this way. My suggestion for this fix is to implement the way dragon rush is actually played, have only 1 portal in the world, and that's at 0,0. Having just 1 portal located at 00 would eliminate a lot of rng because you can actually fight for the dragon kill and everyone gets to be in the end and participate in the meaning of the game mode. And I feel this could make for some interesting strategies and tactics which I could explain, but I've wrote out a bit here xd

467danny

9 posts
1 reputation

IGN: 467danny
By 467danny » 8 months ago
I like this idea and honestly thought of posting this before but didn't bother. Also with this make it so everytime a player puts an ender eye in, it displays how many left and the player

Yoo Jeongyeon! Park Jihyo! Twice!

BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

IGN: BloodWolf14
By BloodWolf14 » 5 months ago
I 100% agree with this. I just played a game of Dragon Rush this afternoon and I had nog luck finding anything. First of all: I couldn't find any of the portals. I did get some blazes so that helped, but there were just no strongholds to be found anywhere. After I finally got a stronghold I couldn't get any enderman to spawn. In the meantime two other players were already in the end and started doing damage to the dragon. Just as I finally found an enderman the dragon got killed and I didn't get any chance to beat it.

I think the suggestion as made above is the way to play this gamemode so all players have an equal chance to go to the end. Everyone knows where the endportal is so they just need to gear. Ofcourse you still need to have luck to find enderman and blazes, but the chances are now more equal.

ixHazexi

12 posts
13 reputation

IGN: ixHazexi
By ixHazexi » 5 months ago
I agree with having a single end portal at 0,0

The reason I stray away from Dragon Rush games is because there is rarely any PvP involved. Its solely PVE in my case.
Having the portal at 0,0 runs the risk of being the first to enter the end but you may have to fight your way in first then worry about who follows seconds later. Years ago another UHC server ran the same idea and the game was honestly quite intense before even entering the end.

This small change could honestly make this gamemode more appealing.

KaiNoMood
Admin

738 posts
70 reputation

IGN: KaiNoMood
By KaiNoMood » 5 months ago
An idea could be having two versions:
- Dragon Rush PvE: It's the current version, but without PvP, for all those who like the current version of Dragon Rush and PvE game modes.
- Dragon Rush PvP: PvP gets enabled way sooner, and there is only an empty portal at 0, 0 that needs to be filled, giving players that are more PvP focused all the opportunities to PvP

BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

Could be an idea. Although I think people do not play UHC's solely to kill the ender dragon. To do that they could simply start a singleplayer world over and over. The PvP aspect makes it more challenging and fun but the chances have to be more equal for anyone in my opinion. That would mean, for instance, creating just one portal at 0,0 :)

KaiNoMood
Admin

738 posts
70 reputation

IGN: KaiNoMood
By KaiNoMood » 5 months ago
There are players that love UHC but do not really like the PvP aspect of it.
UHC means "Ultra Hard Core": a hard-core world (one life, hard difficulty), with no natural health generation. UHC games can be PvE.

The name of the game mode is "Dragon Rush", so the point of the game is to kill the Ender Dragon. PvP is a secondary aspect of the game.
If people didn't care about the PvE aspect of Dragon Rush, they wouldn't play Dragon Rush at all (and in fact, those who are PvP focused don't like Dragon Rush).

We can have both, and players can decide what to play.

BloodWolf14

7 posts
0 reputation

Seems fair :)