February 2019 Update
Hey Everyone :) Here are the changes we made to the servers in February!
Admins: AlwaysQuads, Merjilin, PrincessStrawb
Senior Moderators: UghReally
Moderators: BraedenGames, iKawaii, Infinitty, itsxxtaylor, Jxdy, PlasticTiara, Rainbow_Harley, SamBuz, xBagell
Builders: Frenchy13, Coastergirl99
Maintenance and Changes
- Rewritten server loading and chunk pre-generation. Now all servers load in about 20 seconds.
- Transferred website and Minecraft servers to a new dedicated server.
- Changed the way worlds are being handled in UHC-Core. Now it will efficiently remove the world directories during startup/server close.
- Fixed an issue that prevented an uhc game server to stop after the /start command has been used and everyone has left the game before the countdown has been reached. The force game start now gets removed if all players leave the game during the countdown.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players with bad connection to be kicked with a "You are sending too many packets!" message.
- Tweaked AntiCheat detection.
- New Medieval hub!
- Added /challenge command. Shows current challenge and the player's points
- Added /spawn command on the hub to quickly go back to the spawn point
- Removed Chickens from the hub
- Added /lowspec command in the hub. This helps those players who have FPS issues in the hub. Use it to toggle the lowspec mode. Elements of the hub like armor stands, paintings, item frames and animals will not be shown.
- Staff that is vanished when a game starts will be automatically killed to avoid being afk vanished in a game.
- Disabled giving coins when playing. Players weren't actually getting the coins, but a message was telling them so.
- Disabled Minecraft 1.13 command autocomplete in order to avoid players being kicked for "spam" while typing a command while using Minecraft 1.13
- Made changes to Scenarios, UHC-Core, and GameServerManager:
- Now supporting any amount of scenarios when the scenarios will be voted by players
- Added support for multiline placeholders in the scoreboard
- Now the scenarios list will always have the list of all the selected scenarios, and will not show "- ?" if less than 3 scenarios have been voted
- Added GodUHC Teams of 2 and Teams of 4 servers.
- Added Meetup Teams of 4
- Now Dragon Rush has Hastey Boys scenario
- Added experimental game mode "Meetup (combat update) - Solo" with the Minecraft 1.9 “combat update”. It requires Minecraft version 1.9.4 or greater.
- Removed "Flower Power To8 - 2" and "Cake Power - To4"
- Added a team bar to Red vs Blue. The bar displays the team you are on and shows the balance between the players in the two team. The more the bar is filled, the more players in your team are alive compared to the enemy team.
- Reworked the way voted scenarios are counted and sorted in Scenarios Madness. Now it shows the total votes and the votes for each scenario.
- Added the “Bonus Scenario” to Scenario Madness. A 4th scenario is added randomly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the scoreboard to not show some of the lines properly in Scenario Madness.
- Game selector now shows Flower Power To8 on the Flower Power tooltip.
- The following limitations have been added to the spectator mode: In team games, if there is at least one of your teammates alive, you will not be able to teleport to other players, and you will have to be within 100 blocks radius from a team mate, otherwise you'll get teleported to a teammate automatically. This is not applied during meetup (deathmatch). If your team gets defeated, you will be able to spectate everyone once again.
- Changes in Scenario Madness:
- In case nobody voted any scenario in Scenario Madness, 3 scenarios will be picked randomly.
- Added a "Bonus Scenario" that will be picked completely randomly. This means that Scenario Madness will have 4 scenarios instead of 3.
- Simplified game mode signs. These changes reduce the load on the server and make the signs easier to configure for future updates:
- There is now only 1 sign per each game mode.
- When clicked it shows a team size selection menu and also shows the number of players queued regardless of team size.
- It will not show started game status